The River Vale Public Schools has a well-deserved reputation for preparing students for success in high school, college, and beyond. The Board of Education and staff join with both parents and community members in a commitment to promoting self-discipline, motivation, and academic excellence in all children.
River Vale’s students are educated in the district’s two K-5 elementary schools, Roberge and Woodside, and Holdrum Middle School, which is home to grades 6-8. Upon graduation, the vast majority of students enroll at Pascack Valley High School, a comprehensive high school offering an outstanding array of programs and courses. Together, River Vale and the Pascack Valley Regional High School District deliver educational programs of the highest quality.
The facts speak for themselves. For example:
• Our district schools boast a level of technology available to students that is comparable to or better than any school district in the county or state;
• A majority of our professional staff hold graduate degrees;
• The standardized test scores of our students consistently outperform the state average;
• An extremely high number of our students attend and graduate from four-year colleges;
• Our community overwhelmingly supports the River Vale Schools.
The River Vale Schools enjoy a national reputation of excellence because of a strong partnership with the community, the professionalism of our staff, and a common commitment to exceed the high expectations put before us. River Vale is successful at developing our children into independent, self-sufficient, and productive adults who succeed and contribute responsibility to our global community. We certainly could not have attained this high level of achievement without the involvement of our parents and community residents.