Except in cases of emergency or action by the Board of Education, school will be kept open according to the school calendar. The emergency closing of school is usually due to extremely hazardous weather conditions. Parents will be notified as follows:
In the event of a school closing, all extracurricular activities, practices and child care programs are cancelled.DELAYED SCHOOL OPENING
- The local fire whistle will blow one blast at 7:00 A. M.
- You will be contacted by the Honeywell Emergency System (Please be sure to keep your contact information up-to-date)
- Via the district website at https://www.rivervaleschools.com/
- For school closing information please do not call the Police Department
- Information concerning emergency school closings may also be obtained by calling 201-358-4000
The option of calling for a delayed opening of school due to inclement weather conditions is made on a regional basis and only when it is apparent that weather related conditions, such as icy roads, will dramatically improve during the a.m. hours.All starting times including bus pickups and reporting times for students and staff will be delayed 1 1/2 hours (90 minutes).
I. Elementary School Begins:
II. Middle SchoolStudents Report:
All student bus pickups will be at the regularly designed stops, butEARLY RELEASE/ONE SESSION SCHEDULEIn the event the district requires an Early Release/One Session Day the following schedule will be followed:Holdrum Middle School will release at 12:40 P. M.Roberge and Woodside Schools will release at 1:00 P. M.Click here for Pre-School Schedule.Please be reminded that there will be no lunch on early release/one session days.